Home Seller Statistics
- The typical home seller in 2017 was 55 years of age, had a median household income of $98,800, and lived in their home for 9 years.
- 91% of sellers were assisted by a real estate agent when selling their home.
- Recent sellers typically sold their homes for 99% of the listing price, and 23% reported reducing the asking price at least once.
- The typical home sold was on the market for 3 weeks.
- 39% of sellers who used a real estate agent found their agents through a referral by friends or family, and 24% used the agent they previously worked with to buy or sell a home.
- Sellers who definitely would use same agent again: 69%